Thursday, October 29, 2015

Baking With Children - Store Cupboard Ingredients That You'll Need

If you enjoy baking with your children, it's a good idea to have these store cupboard ingredients at home. Then, if your children want to bake something, you'll just need to run out for one or two extra ingredients at the most (or you might already have those ingredients at home).

Store Cupboard Ingredients

Self-raising flour
Plain flour
Baking powder
Bicarbonate of soda
Brown sugar (either demerara or soft brown - I usually use either one or the other and have found that it doesn't really make much difference which one you use).
Caster sugar
Icing sugar
Vanilla essence
Cinnamon
Mixed spice
Cake cases or muffin cases
An assortment of cake decorations - sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc
Writing icing (not really necessary but my daughter likes to use it!)

Fridge Ingredients

Eggs
Milk
Butter  

I've found that, with these ingredients on hand, I can bake a wide range of cakes, cookies and other treats with my children.

Last weekend, for example, when we made mini blueberry cakes, I only needed to buy blueberries.

If I run out of one of the above ingredients, I just buy more, so that we're always ready to bake something new for tea!

Is there anything else you'd add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment